What’s for Dinner? Grilled Salmon & Avocado Chopped Salad thanks to Goop it’s full of protein, healthy fats and is easy to make
here is how:
½-1 (depending on size) ripe but firm avocado, pitted and peeled
2 5-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
1 cup baby rocket
1 cup shredded romaine
18 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2/3 cup cooked (or canned) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 9-minute hard-boiled eggs, whites and yolks separated, yolks crumbled and white finely chopped
for the dressing:
1 medium lemon
2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
juice from 1 small lime
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon agave nectar
4 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
How to Make it:
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and brush lightly with olive oil. Season the avocado and salmon generously with salt and pepper, then grill for 2-3 minutes on the first side. Flip to the second side, add the lemon halves (for the dressing) and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and the avocado and lemon have nice grill marks.
2. Let the salmon and avocado rest on a plate while you make the dressing.
3. To make the dressing, squeeze the grilled lemon juice into a small bowl. Whisk in the next 5 ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, combine the rocket, romaine, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and hard-boiled eggs in a large bowl. Dice the avocado and flake the cooled salmon; add to the salad ingredients and toss with half the dressing.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with remaining dressing on the side.