Delicious Dessert Recipe – Thanks to LILY SIMPSON, founder of The Detox Kitchen – we have a recipe for Raspberries and Apple Crumble with Coconut Yoghurt.
- 3 dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp runny honey
For the crumble:
- 100g porridge oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 25g gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
2 tbsp Coconut Yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas 6.
- Put the apples, half of the raspberries, the cinnamon stick, star anise, honey and 80ml water in a saucepan on a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 10 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise, and pour the fruit into an ovenproof dish about 18cm by 12cm. Scatter the rest of the blackberries over the top.
- To make the crumble, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly, using your fingers.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble. Bake in the heated oven for 20-25 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown and crisp.
Lily Simpson is founder of The Detox Kitchen, which has delis in Harvey Nichols and on London’s Kingly Street – for more information, visit here.