Spa it Girl has a Chocolate Banana Bread French Toast recipe that is Gluten Free, Diary Free, Refined Sugar Free by Kayla from The Kitchen Mccabe.
- 8 slices Chocolate Blender Banana Bread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 3 large Eggs
- ¾ cup Almond Milk
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Coconut oil, to grease the pan
- Coconut Cream (from one can of coconut milk – discard liquid)
- Honey, to taste
- Raw Cacao Powder, for dusting
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
- Place the coconut cream in a mixing bowl and whisk in honey until desired sweetness is achieved. Place int he fridge.
- Lay out four slices of the banana bread and coat each generously with chocolate hazelnut spread. Top each spread-coated slice with another slice of banana bread and press together.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Grease a large skillet with coconut oil and heat to medium/high.
- Dip each banana bread sandwich in the egg batter, coating both sides well. Place each dipped sandwich on the hot pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom. Turn and cook until the second side is golden brown. Remove and slice each sandwich in half.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of coconut cream, a dusting of cacao powder, and a handful of strawberries.
recipe and image by Kayla from The Kitchen Mccabe