Welcome to the #SPAITGIRL Talk Show with Yvette Le Blowitz
EP.144 – The No-Nonsense Meditation Book with Dr Steven Laureys MD, Award-Winning Neurologist, Brain-Scientist, Author & Speaker
Dr Steven Laureys, MD PhD, is an award-winning Neurologist and Neuroscientist, recognised worldwide as a leading clinician and researcher in the field of the neurology of consciousness.
He is head of GIGA Consciousness Research Unit and Brain Clinic of the University and University Hospital of Liege in Belgium, and Professor at CERVO Brain Centre at Laval University, Canada.
He is in demand as a speaker and the approachable expert of brain science.
Professor Laureys has received awards from the European Academy of Neurology, the European Academy of Sciences, the German Max Planck Society and the US Society of Cognitive Neuroscience.
He is the former president of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness and has published over 500 scientific articles on the workings of the human mind. Steven has five children and is the author of three popular books.
In this podcast episode 144
Yvette Le Blowitz Podcast Host sits down with Dr Steven Laureys, MD Author of The No-Nonsense Meditation Book – A Scientist’s Guide to the Power of Meditation to find out more about Meditation and how it can help reduce stress, sleep better, sharpen our attention and become more present.
Dr Steven Laureys, MD also takes us through a simple meditation practice that we can try at home or even whilst waiting in the line at the grocery store.
The No-Nonsense Meditation Book is an International Best-Seller, Dr Laureys explores his own personal journey to meditation, the documented effect of meditation on the brain, and speaks to a range of meditators including David Lynch, Sam Harris and Tim Parks about their own experience.
Using his own clinical practice and fascinating scientific discoveries, he explains the physiological and cognitive benefits of a practice that many of still think of as strenuous, lightweight or purely spiritual.
Featuring brain-science, medical knowledge, inspiring anecdote and practical exercises, this accessible book offers scientific evidence that meditation can have a positive impact on our mental and physical wellbeing.
In Podcast Episode 144
Dr Steven Laureys, MD shares:
– a little bit about himself
– how becoming a Neurologist and Neuroscientist unfolded
– what inspired her to write her very first book
– how his own Meditation Journey unfolded
– what is Meditation
– the physiological and cognitive benefits of meditation
– fascinating brain-science and discoveries
– Three of his Favourite Meditations from his book
– what part of the Brain you are working or developing when you do meditation
– how to do a simple breathing Meditation practice (you can join along)
– why he thinks Meditation should be taught at school
– his basic philosophy of do what you can
– what his own self-care rituals are
– why it he is very grateful that Matthieu Ricard, Buddhist Monk and translator to the Dalia Lama is co-author
of the paper and book The no-nonsense Meditation Book
– why he also wanted to include people from all walks of life in the studies, research and book
– an invitation for you to join him in meditating
Plus we talk about so much more
Tune into Episode 144 *click here
Episode 144 – #spaitgirl talk show with Yvette Le Blowitz
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of The No-Nonsense Meditation Book with Dr Steven Laureys MD
- search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub //#spaitgirl + tag @spaitgirl – when reading your book
STAY IN TOUCH
Dr Steven Laureys MD
Award-Winning Neurologist and Neuroscientist
Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
with your proposal
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Follow on Instagram: @spaitgirl
Sign Up to Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
The #SPAITGIRL Podcast Show
Practice a Little Random Act of Kindness
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.