EP.146 – Awestruck with Jonah Paquette, PsyD, Clinical Psychologist, Speaker, Author
Awestruck – How Embracing Wonder can Make You Happier, Healthier and More Connected
Jonah Paquette, PsyD is a licensed clinical psychologist, Author and International Speaker, specialising in the science of well-being.
He provides workshops, keynote talks, media appearances and consultation on the science of happiness.
Jonah Paquette, PsyD is passionate about sharing the science of well-being to a broad audience, including schools, businesses, professional organisations and health professionals.
He serves as the Assistant Regional Director of Mental Health Training at a large HMO in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he helps to oversee the mental health training programs across 20 medical centres in Northern California.
In 2015, Jonah Paquette, PsyD released his first book Real Happiness and in 2018 his second book The Happiness Toolbox and in June 2020 his third book Awestruck: How Embracing Wonder can Make You Happier, Healthier and More Connected.
In his book Awestruck he explores the science of awe and It turns out, Awe is one of those experiences that can truly improve our mental health, physical well-being, social relationships and more.
Over the past 5 to 10 years a great deal of research has begun to emerge on the science of awe here are some of the exciting findings so far:
- Awe boost positive emotional states, such as gratitude and compassion.
- Awe makes us more curious and creating in our thinking.
- Awe reduces inflammation in our body which is a good thing as high levels of inflammation have been linked to a host of problems including depression and cardiovascular disease.
- Awe makes us more generous towards others.
- Awe gives us an expanded sense of time, a welcome antidote to the widespread feelings of ‘time poverty’ may of us feel these days.
- Awe improves our critical thinking skills, allowing us to solve problems more effectively.
In this podcast episode 146
Yvette Le Blowitz Podcast Host sits down with Jonah Paquette, PsyD to find out how we can all harness the power of awe and become, happier, healthier and more connected.
In Podcast Episode 146
Jonah Paquette, PsyD shares:
– a little bit about himself
– what inspired her to write his book – Awestruck
– the science of Awe
– what is Awe
– the benefits of awe? on our mental, emotional, physical health and well-being
– how can we practice Awe
– some of his own Awe experience that come to mind
– the difference between positive and negative awe experiences
– his self-care rituals
Plus we talk about so much more
Get Ready to TUNE IN *click here
Tune into Episode 146
Episode 146 – #spaitgirl talk show with Yvette Le Blowitz
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of Awestruck by Jonah Paquette
- search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub //#spaitgirl + tag @spaitgirl – when reading your book
STAY IN TOUCH
Jonah Paquette, PsyD
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
with your proposal
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Follow on Instagram: @spaitgirl
Sign Up to Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
The #SPAITGIRL Podcast Show
Practice a Little Random Act of Kindness
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.