EP.206 – How to Overcome Trauma and Find Yourself Again w/Dr Jessamy Hibberd, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, Bestselling Author
So many of us experience trauma throughout our lives. Left unaddressed, it can have a long-term impact on our physical, mental and emotional health.
Using a combination of psychology, neuroscience and my own experience as a chartered clinical psychologist treating people with trauma.
Dr Hibberd unpacks a tough subject and opens up the space of self-healing.
This book centres on the concept of ‘post-traumatic growth’, a term used to describe the remarkable way that painful experiences can lead to a valuable reassessment of life and a new found discovery of meaning.
Dr Jessamy Hibberd, is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, bestselling author and speaker.
With over 15 years in clinical practice, Dr Jessamy Hibberd (BSc, MSc, PgCert, PgDip, DClinPsy) gained her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway, University of London and completed her accreditation in CBT at the world-renowned Institute of Psychology, Kings College.
Dr Jessamy Hibberd specialist areas are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Schema Therapy and Compassion Focused Therapy.
She also works in the media regularly contributing content to almost every newspaper and magazine you can think of and was the headline speaker at Ted-X University of Nicosia in November 2017.
Yvette Le Blowitz Podcast Host talks with Dr Jessamy Hibberd Author of How to Overcome Trauma and Find Yourself Again who shares how to process past events and move forward with a deeper level of self-awareness, a greater sense of purpose, and a renewed self-acceptance.
In Podcast Episode – EP.206
Dr Jessamy Hibberd shares:
– a little bit about herself
– insights into her book – How to Overcome Trauma and Find Yourself Again
– the effects of trauma
– post-traumatic growth
– creating space for self-healing
– self-care for healing trauma
– how to move beyond the hurt and lead a more fulfilling, joyful life
– inspiring accounts of people who have experienced trauma and moved forward
– her own self-care rituals
Plus we talk about so much more……..
Get Ready To TUNE *click here
Get Ready to TUNE IN
Episode 206 – #spaitgirl Podcast with Yvette Le Blowitz
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of **How to Overcome Trauma and Find Yourself Again by Dr Jessamy Hibberd **pre-order through the spaitgirl podcast affiliated BookTopia link *any book purchase via this link will result in a small commission paid by BookTopia to spaitgirl **thanks for your support
- for more books search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub + tag @spaitgirl to share what book you are currently reading
STAY IN TOUCH
Dr Jessamy Hibberd
Yvette Le Blowitz
Youtube Channel: Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.feelgoodfromwithin.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
The #SPAITGIRL Podcast Show
Practice a Little Random Act of Kindness
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional or qualified medical doctor or specialist. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or health concerns associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, trauma or have any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.