EP.188 – Relationship Reset with Lissy Abrahams, Leading Psychotherapist, Founder of Heath Group Practice, Author
Why Do We Fight Most with Those We Love Best?
Australian Relationships Therapist Lissy Abrahams has spent years exploring this question, both in her treatment room helping clients and through extensive research. Lissy knows that long-term conflict leaves us drained, anxious and worried for the emotional wellbeing of our families, but says it is neither intractable nor inevitable.
Conflict is caused by unconscious patters of thinking and behaviour – unresolved feelings of fear, instability or pain – which can be consciously rewired for a healthier, happier relationship.
Lissy has seen firsthand how even small changes can help people reduce conflict and reconnect with their partners, improving their quality of life.
- understand how childhood experiences affect adult relationships
- identify your blind spots, defence mechanisms and triggers and recognise them in others
- become aware of patterns in conflict, and learn new ways to respond to distress
- communicate clearly and openly with your partner, without judgement
- develop a more trusting, intimate and stable relationship
Filled with insightful research, case studies and exercises, Relationship Reset will help you rewire the stories underlying your emotional life, and build a secure and loving union.
Lissy Abrahams is a leading individual and couple psychotherapist who has dedicated her career to helping hundreds of clients navigate life’s obstacles and challenges.
Lissy studied psychology in Sydney and then completed her Masters of Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the internationally renowed Tavistock Relationships, London. Here, she worked therapeutically with couples, as well as lectured and tutored trainee counsellors.
Lissy founded and manages a Sydney-based therapy clinic, Heath Group Practice, and works therapeutically with clients around the world. She has launched a successful online course to help partners stop fighting, communicate respectfully and rekindle love.
Her Mission is to help as many people as possible transform their lives by creating happier and more loving relationships.
In Podcast Episode – EP.188
Lissy Abrahams shares:
– a little bit about herself
– insights into her book Relationship Reset
– how our childhood experiences affect adult relationships
– how to identify your blind spots, defence mechanisms and triggers
– how to become aware of triggers, patterns in conflicts
– how to communicate effectively to your children if you are living seperated under the same roof
– insights into couple and relationship therapy – breaking down the stigmas one session at a time
– her self-care rituals
Plus we talk about so much more *click here to listen in
Get Ready to TUNE IN
Episode 188 – #spaitgirl Podcast with Yvette Le Blowitz
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of **Relationship Reset by Lissy Abrahams **pre-order through the spaitgirl podcast affiliated BookTopia link *any book purchase via this link will result in a small commission paid by BookTopia to spaitgirl **thanks for your support
- for more books search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub + tag @spaitgirl to share what book you are currently reading
STAY IN TOUCH
Author of Relationship Reset
Yvette Le Blowitz
Youtube Channel: Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.feelgoodfromwithin.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
Feel Good From Within with Yvette Le Blowitz – #SPAITGIRL Podcast
Practice a Little Random Act of Kindness – ideas below
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional or qualified medical doctor or specialist. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or health concerns associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, trauma or have any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.