EP.186 – Small Habits for a Big Life with Dr Rebecca Ray, Clinical Psychologist, Author, Speaker
Release the self-sabotaging behaviour that is holding you back, one habit at a time
Dr Rebecca Ray is a clinical psychologist, author and speaker. Over the course of almost two decades of practice Rebecca (Beck) has helped hundreds of big-picture thinking people, through courses and consultations, live a life that’s fulfilling, unapologetic and free.
Whilst her technique is science-backed, her approach sees her deliver both hard and heart truths and an undercurrent ethos of self-kindness first, always.
Beck’s unique expertise has seen her engage with thousands of people and sets her apart as one of Australia’s most in-demand and authoritative voices in the personal development space.
Change is not about grand statements and sweeping gestures. It is about chipping away, a bit at a time at the habits that hold us back.
Dr Rebecca Ray knows about the power of small habits to make big changes. By introducing small changes into her own life, she transformed her career as a clinical psychologist to become one of Australia’s most effective communicators on matters of the mind.
Rebecca has helped many members o her large online community and her clients do the same.
In Small Habits for a Big Change, Dr Rebecca Ray breaks down the process for her reader. She explains how we can override the part of the brain that seeks pleasure and comfort (ice cream and wine) and activate the parts that tolerate some discomfort for the sake of long-term goals (an hour of study instead an hour of TV).
Small Habits for a Big Life clears the way for readers to embark on their own path to change and provides exactly the right amount of support along the way.
Yvette Le Blowitz Podcast Host talks with Dr Rebecca Ray Author of Small Habits for a Big Change to find out why we avoid the things that are hard in life or that take effort, what we can do when we don’t feel like exercising but know we should.
In Podcast Episode – EP.186
Dr Rebecca Ray shares:
– a little bit about herself
– insights into her book – Small Habits for a Big Life
– the myth of feeling reading
– getting comfortable with discomfort
– creating and sustaining new habits
– the cycle of self-sabotage
– Values vs Motivation
– avoidance, cues, rewards and dopamine hits
– how to exercise when you don’t really feel like it
– how to create self-care rituals that fill your own cup back up
– how to create a habit of doing things that are hard
– her own self-care rituals
Plus we talk about so much more……..
Get Ready To TUNE IN *click here
Get Ready to TUNE IN
Episode 186 – #spaitgirl Podcast with Yvette Le Blowitz
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of **Small Habits for a Big Life by Dr Rebecca Ray **pre-order through the spaitgirl podcast affiliated BookTopia link *any book purchase via this link will result in a small commission paid by BookTopia to spaitgirl **thanks for your support
- for more books search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub + tag @spaitgirl to share what book you are currently reading
STAY IN TOUCH
Dr Rebecca Ray
Author of Small Habits for a Big Life
Yvette Le Blowitz
Youtube Channel: Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.feelgoodfromwithin.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
The #SPAITGIRL Podcast Show
Practice a Little Random Act of Kindness
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional or qualified medical doctor or specialist. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or health concerns associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, trauma or have any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.