Reclaim, embrace and accept your body in a more authentic, sustainable and nurturing way.
Have you ever felt uncomfortable or not “at home” in your body?
In Reclaiming Body Trust co-authors and the founders of Center for Body Trust, licensed therapist Hilary Kinavey, MS, LPC and registered dietician Dana Sturtevant, MS, RS invite listeners to break free from the status quo and reject a diet culture that has taken advantage and profited from trauma, stigma, and disembodiment, and fully reclaim and embrace our bodies.
Informed by the personal body stories of the hundreds of people they have worked with, Reclaiming Body Trust delineates an intersectional, social justice-orientated path to healing in three phases: The Rupture, The Reckoning, and The Reclamations.
In Reclaiming Body Trust, Hilary Kinavey, MS, LPC and Dana Sturtevant, MS, LPC shares insights into their innovative and revolutionary Body Trust framework so we can discover a more authentic and sustainable way to occupy and nurture our bodies.
As professionals in the fields of nutrition and mental health, they found most of the recommendations made to clients regarding weight were not only unsustainable but often resulted in harm to their well-being and sense of self.
They were both disillusioned with the status quo approach to food, body, weight and health, which has been harmful for too long.
For More than 15 years, Dana has helped people let go of chronic patterns of dieting and disordered eating and move into a more authentic, sustainable way to occupy and nurture their bodies.
For more than 20 years Hilary has worked with people to reckon with the vicious cycles of disordered eating and dieting, body shame and weight bias, and the fragmentation, oppression and trauma that often sits at the center.
Today they work to examine the toxic structure in which our construct of health lies, and discover what is possible when people are trusted with their bodies.
Body Trust is scientifically grounded and greatly informed by social justice movements, liberators frameworks, and embodiment theory.
In Podcast Episode – EP.195
Hilary Kinavey & Dana Sturtevant share:
– a little bit about themselves
– insights into their co-authored book – Reclaiming Your Body
– how to explore your body story
– the ways your relationship with your body has been disrupted by harmful cultural beliefs and practices
– how to reclaim body trust
– how to create a relationship with your body and self that is flexible, compassionate and connected
– vicious cycles of disordered eating and dieting – body shame and weight bias
– the fragmentation, oppression and trauma
– their own self-care rituals
Plus we talk about so much more….
Get Ready to TUNE IN
Episode 195 – #spaitgirl Podcast with Yvette Le Blowitz
available on all podcast apps
search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app or on google
Available to watch on Youtube Channel – Spa it Girl or Yvette Le Blowitz
Press the Play Button Below and subscribe
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL BOOK CLUB
- Buy a copy of **RECLAIMING BODY TRUST by Hilary Kinavey, MS, LPC and Dana Sturtevant, MS, RD **pre-order through the spaitgirl podcast affiliated BookTopia link *any book purchase via this link will result in a small commission paid by BookTopia to spaitgirl **thanks for your support
- for more books search via Booktopia our affiliated online book store *click here
- Hashtag #spaitgirlbookclub + tag @spaitgirl to share what book you are currently reading
STAY IN TOUCH
Hilary Kinavey, MS, LPC & Dana Sturtevant, MS, RD
co-Author of Reclaiming Body Trust
Co-Founder of Center for Body Trust
Yvette Le Blowitz
Youtube Channel: Yvette Le Blowitz
Become a Podcast Show Sponsor
JOIN OUR #SPAITGIRL Community
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.spaitgirl.com
Sign Up to my Mailing List: www.feelgoodfromwithin.com
Search for #spaitgirl on any podcast app, youtube and subscribe
HOW TO SUPPORT
Feel Good From Within with Yvette Le Blowitz – #SPAITGIRL Podcast
Little Random Act of Kindness – podcast show – support – ideas below
– tell someone about the #spaitgirl podcast show
– share your favourite episode
– tag @spaitgirl in your stories
– hashtag #spaitgirl to share the show
& Together “Let’s Feel Good From Within”
Please note – Affiliated Links included in this spaitgirl.com blog post includes affiliated links with Amazon.com and booktopia.com.au- should you order any books from Amazon.com or Booktopia.com.au via the links contained in this blog post spaitgirl.com will receive a small paid commission fee from the online book stores.
Please note – The information in this podcast is a general conversation between the podcast host and podcast guest and is not intended to replace professional medical advice and should not be considered a substitute for medical treatment or advice from a mental health professional or qualified medical doctor or specialist. Use of any of the material in this podcast show is always at the listeners discretion.
The podcast host and guest accept no liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of any of the information contained in this podcast show and podcast episode conversation, or any trauma triggered or health concerns associated with it. If you are experiencing depression, mental illness, trauma or have any health concerns please seek medical professional help immediately.